(1) Designed as shipping and storage
containers for specific items.
nonexpendable, reusable shipping and storage
(2) Designed with one or more special
containers managed by the U.S. Army Armament,
features, such as, mounting, restraining, and shock-
Munitions and Chemical Command (AMCCOM) as
absorbing devices, pressurizing and pressure relief
valves, and humidity indicators.
a. Provides instruction for the reporting of excess,
(3) Identified in accordance with MIL-STD-
empty, nonexpendable, reusable shipping and storage
130 and accountable by their assigned National stock
(1) Weapons systems and their components,
b. Stages of Corrosion:
heavy weapons, small arms, aircraft
(1) Stage 1. Discoloration, staining, no direct
armaments, fire control materiel, and tools and
visual evidence of pitting, etching, or other surface
(2) Nuclear weapon systems, chemical
(2) Stage 2. Loose rust, black or white
b. Provides a list of nonexpendable, reusable
corrosion accompanied by minor etching and pitting of
shipping and storage containers in accordance with AR
(3) Stage 3. Rust, black or white corrosion
725-12 (tables 1, 2, and 3).
accompanied singly or in combination with etching,
2. Scope. a. The provisions of this bulletin are
pitting, or more extensive surface damage; loose or
applicable to Army installations in CONUS, oversea
commands, US Army Reserves, and Army National
(4) Stage 4. Rust, black or white corrosion
Guard as made applicable by the Chief, National Guard
progressed to the point where fit, wear, function, or life
of the item has been affected; powdered or scaly
to weapons systems, their
condition, with pits or irregular areas of material
components, and includes heavy weapons, small arms,
removed from surface of item.
aircraft armament, and tools and equipment. Chapter 3
4. General. Shipping containers must be visually
applies to nuclear weapons systems, chemical weapons
inspected to insure they are empty. Nuclear shipping
containers will be certified empty prior to movement.
3. Explanation of Terms. The following explanation
5. Classification. Empty, nonexpendable, reusable
of terms applies.
a. Nonexpendable. Reusable shipping and storage
containers which are: