TRANSMISSION OIL SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
(Sheet 1 of 2)
3. FILTER BYPASS SWITCH. Activates a warning light informing the
Transmission oil system consists of:
operator the filter is obstructed.
4. MAGNETIC SCREEN. Removes metal particles and other debris before
the oil goes to the oil pump. The screen is fastened to the output
Filter bypass switch
transfer gear case.
5. OIL PUMP. A gear-type pump, driven by the engine. Oil is pulled from
the reservoir, through the magnetic screen and pumped to the oil filter.
6. OIL COOLER. Removes heat from the transmission system oil. High
1. OIL RESERVOIR. The lower portion of the output transfer gear case. A
temperature oil comes from the torque converter and passes through the
drain plug is located in the bottom of the case for draining transmission
oil cooler. The heat of the oil is transferred to the engine cooling
system, and the cooled oil returns to the transmission.
2. OIL FILTER. The filter is located in the compartment behind the cab. It
7. CONNECTING LINES. Carry oil to and from the oil filter and oil cooler.
removes debris from the hydraulic oil. A bypass valve allows oil to flow
if the filter becomes obstructed.
Go on to Sheet 2