TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES (NON-ERROR CODE) - CONTINUED
Table 2. Electrical Troubleshooting Procedures (Non-Error Code) - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
20. A/C System Not Cooling Properly.
1. Check operation of blower If blower not functioning,
procedure for "Blower Motor Not
Working" in this work package.
2. Remove the engine cover and Replace and/or adjust belts as
inspect the condition of the
required (WP 0195 00).
A/C compressor belts.
3. Check for proper operation. a. If compressor operates and
Turn the blower to high, press
condenser fans are on, go to
the A/C control switch and turn
A/C temperature control b. If compressor does not operate,
switch to maximum cool.
perform steps 5, 6, and 7.
Observe if A/C compressor c. If condenser fans do not
clutch engages, compressor
operate, perform steps 8, 9,
engages, and compressor
operates. Observe if the
condenser fans are on.
4. Check for proper operation. a. If condenser air is warm and
Run the A/C system for about
the compressor pipe is cool/
15 minutes to stabilize. Feel
cold, check if the heater
the air coming from the
control valve is fully closed
condenser fans; it should be
and the air is properly flowing
warmer than the ambient
through the ducts (WP 0195
temperature of the larger pipe b. If condenser air is not warm
connected to the compressor; it
and the compressor pipe is not
should be cool or cold and
system maintenance (WP
5. Check voltage (24V) at X27 a. If no voltage (24V) is found at
pin 4 and 5 while operating the
X27 pin 4, remove the A/C
A/C system to maximum cool.
control switch and check
b. If no voltage (24V) is found at
X27 pin 5, remove A/C
temperature control switch