b. Pull connecting rod (10) onto crankshaft (9)
Apply clean engine oil to lubricate threads of
bolts (3) of connecting rod (10).
The number stamped on rod (10) and
cap (1) at parting line must match and
be installed on camshaft side of
d. Install rod cap (1) and start connecting rod nuts
e. Lubricate under connecting rod nuts (2) with
clean engine oil.
Alternately tighten rod nuts (2) to pull rod cap (1)
g. Torque rod nuts (2) evenly n three steps.
First to 30 ft-lbs (40 Nm)
Second to 60 ft-lbs (80 Nm)
Final torque to 88 ft-lbs (117 Nm)
Check crankshaft for freedom of rotation as caps
h. Shake connecting rod (10) and cap (1) to verify
(1) are installed one at a time. If crankshaft
does not rotate freely check bearing installation
Measure total side clearance with a feeler gauge
between crankshaft and connecting rod.
Install all six caps (1).
min .004 (.1 mm)
7. INSTALL OIL PAN AND SUCTION TUBE. (REFER
max .012 (.3 mm)
8. INSTALL FRONT COVER. (REFER TO PAGE 4-
9. INSTALL FLYWHEEL HOUSING AND REAR SEAL.
11. INSTALL ENGINE HOOD. (REFER TO TM 5-3810-
12. CONNECT NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE
SHUNT. (REFER TO TM 5-3810-306-20.)
END OF TASK