(5) Repeat steps (1) thru (4) for the other two
(3) If both readings
(6) Connect ohmmeter to each pair of three
(4) Repeat steps (1) thru (3) for the other two
terminals on rectifier.
(7) If any reading is zero, replace diode.
h. Check stator as follows:
g. Check rectifier as follows:
(1) Connect ohmmeter from any stator lead to
(2) If ohmmeter reading is low, then windings
Do not use high voltage such as 110
volt test lamp to check rectifier.
(3) Connect ohmmeter leads from each set of
(1) Connect ohmmeter to grounded heat sink
and one of three terminals on rectifier.
(4) If ohmmeter readings are high, then
(2) Press down firmly on flat metal connector
of rectifier then reverse leads to heat sink
and same terminal.
i. Inspect battery terminal insulator
cracks. Replace if damaged.