2. STONE OUT MINOR BLEMISHES AND POLISH
WITH A FINE CROCUS CLOTH.
3. CLEAN WITH SOLVENT AND DRY WITH
COMPRESSED AIR ANY PARTS THAT HAVE
BEEN STONED AND POLISHED.
4. INSPECT BARREL CAREFULLY FOR SCORING.
When installing new seals and rings,
avoid stretching seals or scratching
4. IF EXISTING PISTON (7) AND ROD (3) ARE TO BE
grooved or gland surfaces.
USED, PROCEED AS FOLLOWS:
a. Install piston (7) onto rod (3).
Lubricate new seals and rings with
clean hydraulic oil.
1. LUBRICATE AND INSTALL A NEW WIPER SEAL
(16) INTO INSIDE OF LOCK RING (17) AND SLIDE
LOCK RING ONTO ROD (3).
2. INSTALL HEAD (13) AND NEW SEALS ON ROD
a. Lubricate and install a new packing (11) and
backup ring (12) onto outside of head (13).
b. Lubricate and install a new wear ring (10) on
inside of head.
Lubricate and install a new rod seal (15),
grooved end first, into inside of head (13).
Lubricate and install a new buffer seal (14).
d. Slide head onto rod (3).
3. INSTALL NEW SEALS AND BACKUP RINGS ON
a. Lubricate and install new ring (6) and seals (5)
onto outside of piston (7). Ensure the seal
assembly is installed as shown.
b. Lubricate and install two new back-up rings (8)
and new packing (9) on inside of piston (7).