2. STONE OUT MINOR BLEMISHES AND POLISH
WITH A FINE CROCUS CLOTH.
3. CLEAN WITH SOLVENT AND DRY WITH
COMPRESSED AIR ANY PARTS THAT HAVE
BEEN STONED AND POLISHED.
4. INSPECT BARREL CAREFULLY FOR SCORING.
When installing new seals and rings,
avoid scratching the grooved and
gland surfaces. Scratches cause
seal wear resulting in leakage.
Before installation, lubricate all parts
and surfaces freely with clean
hydraulic oil. Ensure packing portion
of rod seal is installed forward as
head (9) would enter barrel (14).
1. INSTALL NEW SEALS AND BACK-UP RINGS ON
HEAD AND INSTALL ON ROD (2).
a. Install wear ring (11), rod seal (6) and buffer seal
(10) on inside of head (9). Install packing (8)
and back-up ring (7) on outside of head.
b. Install head (9) on rod (2).
Install wiper seal (4) in lock ring (5).
2. INSTALL ROD SEALS. ENSURE SEAL ASSEMBLY
(12) IS INSTALLED AS SHOWN.