Compressed air used for cleaning
Locate the gap of each wear ring 180
purposes will not exceed 30 psi. Use
only with effective chip guarding and
(goggles/ shield, gloves, etc.).
The packing must be assembled
1. CLEAN ALL PARTS WITH SOLVENT AND DRY
forward of backup ring of rod seal as
WITH COMPRESSED AIR. INSPECT ALL PARTS
head would enter barrel.
1. ASSEMBLE HEAD (13) WITH NEW SEALS AND
INSTALL ON ROD (18).
Before installing new seals and rings,
a. Install two wear rings (10), rod seal (16), buffer
seal (15) and wiper seal (17) on inside of head
clean all surfaces and carefully
(13). Install packing (11) and back-up ring (12)
remove burrs and nicks.
on outside of head (13).
displaying excessive wear or damage
should be replaced.
2. LUBRICATE ROD (18) WITH CLEAN HYDRAULIC
2. STONE OUT MINOR BLEMISHES AND POLISH
WITH A FINE CROCUS CLOTH.
3. CLEAN WITH SOLVENT AND DRY WITH
COMPRESSED AIR ANY PARTS THAT HAVE
BEEN STONED AND POLISHED.
4. INSPECT BARREL CAREFULLY FOR SCORING.
When installing new seals and rings,
avoid stretching seals or scratching
grooved and gland surfaces.
Lubricate new seals and rings with
clean hydraulic oil.