SWING MOTOR ASSEMBLY
EQUIPMENT CONDITIONS: Swing motor assembly removed. (Refer to TM 5-3810-306-20.)
It is recommended that the
motor be kept in a vise during
1. REMOVE END CAP (3) AND SEAL (4).
a. Place motor in a vise and clamp across the edge
of flange with output shaft down.
clamping use a protective device on vise, such
as special soft jaws or pieces of hard rubber or
b. Remove capscrews (1) and sealwashers (2).
c. Remove end cap (3).
d. Remove seal (4) from end cap (3).
2. REMOVE GEROTOR (5) AND SEAL (6).
3. REMOVE THE SPLINED DRIVE (8).
4. REMOVE THE WEAR PLATE (9).
7. REMOVE BEARING RACE (18) AND NEEDLE
THRUST BEARING (19) FROM SHAFT.
5. REMOVE THE SEAL (10) FROM HOUSING (11).
8. REMOVE MOUNTING FLANGE (13) AND SEALS.
6. REMOVE OUTPUT SHAFT (17) FROM HOUSING.
a. Reposition motor in vise, clamping across ports,
not on housing. Excessive clamping pressure
on housing causes distortion. Position output