(5) Use torque wrench, two multipliers,
c. Use a standard 1-7/8 in. open end wrench to
backlash adapter, the 18-in. step wrench
hold nut end of bolt from under carrier.
to torque bolts 13 and 14.
d. Use torque wrench, two multipliers, backlash
adapter and 6-in. step wrench to torque inner
e. Apply a preliminary torque of 1571 ft-lbs (2090
Nm) to bolts 1, 21, 11, 31, 6, 26, 16, and 36 in
f. Return to bolt 1 and torque all bolts sequentially
in a clockwise direction to a final torque of 1964
ft-lbs (2090 Nm).
5. REEVE CABLE THROUGH PULLEYS. (REFER TO
6. INSTALL HOOK BLOCK ASSEMBLY. (REFER TO
(6) Use torque wrench, two multipliers,
7. INSTALL OVERHAUL BALL. (REFER TO
backlash adapter and 6-in. step wrench to
torque bolts 23, 22, 15, and 16.
8. PERFORM A PREOPERATIONAL CHECK OF
END OF TASK
3. INSTALL SUPERSTRUCTURE. (REFER TO PAGE
4. TORQUE FORTY BOLTS ON SWING BEARING
a. Fully extend and set outriggers. Elevate boom
enough to clear hood.
b. Rotate the superstructure so access hole is over
bolt number 1.