4-6. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.
(1) Electrical power required to operate the refrigeration unit can be supplied by the generator set or an
external power source. Conversion of the refrigeration unit from one power source to the other is
accomplished by changing power cable connections.
(2) A five-foot long generator power cable is supplied with the refrigerated container to connect the
generator set to the refrigeration unit. A thirty-foot long power cable is supplied with the refrigeration unit
for connection to an external power source.
(3) An extra power cable receptacle is stored in the refrigeration unit power cable compartment. To use the
5-foot generator power cable as an extension, solder power cable leads to the receptacle.
b. Generator Set Installation.
(1) Remove fur screws (8), lockwashers (7), and beveled washers (6) from container fame (5).
(2) Using forklift, position generator set (9) on container frame (5). Refer to TM 5-6115-585-12/34 for
specific generator setting/hoisting requirements.
(3) Aline mounting holes in generator set (9) with mounting holes in container frame (5).
(4) Install fur beveled washers (6), lockwashers (7) and screws (8) to secure generator set (9) to container
(5) Connect generator set fuel line (2) to fuel tank elbow (1). Refer to TM 5-6115-585-12/34 for fuel line
(6) Connect two exhaust tubes (3 and 4) to generator set (9).
To prevent injury to personnel and damage to the equipment, make sure generator set is
not operating when connecting or disconnecting power cable from terminal box. Refer to
TM 5-6115-585-12/34 for generator set shutdown instructions.
(7) Remove cover from generator set terminal box (TM 5-6115-585-12/34).