4-21. THERMOMETER ELEMENT TESTING AND ADJUSTMENT.
This task consists of:
Tools: Equipment Condition :
Equipment Conditions :
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 4, App B)
Refrigeration unit operating (TM 9-4110-252-14)
Generator set operating (TM 5-6115-585-12/34)
(1) Position test thermometer probe (8) next to thermometer element bulb (7).
(2) Close container doors.
(2) Allow time for temperature to stabilize inside container.
(3) Compare indication on temperature recorder paper chart (2) with temperature indicated by test
(4) If temperature indications on test thermometer and temperature recorder (1) are not the same,
temperature recorder must be adjusted.
(1) Unfasten latch (3) and open cover (6).
(2) Loosen setscrew (4).
Turning pinion shaft left (counterclockwise) raises temperature indication. Turning
pinion shaft right (clockwise) lowers temperature indication.
(3) Turn pinion shaft (5) as required to match temperature recorder indication with test thermometer indication.
(4) Tighten setscrew (4).
(5) Close cover (6) and fasten latch (3).