4-30. REAR DOOR REPAIR- cont.
(8) Using torx bit and socket, remove 12 camtainer nuts (23), bolts (19),power brace (20) and chain (17)
from door panel (9).
(9) Repeat step (8) for other power brace (18).
(10) Using torx bit and socket, remove 16 camtainer nuts (32), bolts (13) and four hinges (12) from door
Remove four nuts (7), four flat washers (6), four flat washers (15) and four bolts (16) from two seal
To prevent injury to personnel and damage to equipment, use dry cleaning solvent
only in well ventilated areas. Avoid repeated or prolonged contact with skin. Do
not use near sparks, open flame or excessive heat.
(1) Clean power braces (18 and 20) with wiping rag and with drycleaning solvent. Dry with wiping rag.
(2) Wash door panel (9), seal (4), and backing sheet (1) with fresh water and detergent. Rinse panel with
fresh water and dry with wiping rag.
(1) Inspect door panel (9) for cracks, punctures and delamination. Check door edge seal for tears.
(2) Inspect power braces (18 and 20) for cracks, broken welds, and corrosion.
(4) Inspect backing sheet (1) for cracks, holes, and delamination.
(1) Using repair kit, repair door panel (9) and backing sheet (1) in accordance with instructions supplied with
(2) Replace all other defective components.