4-31. INSULATED PANEL REPAIR - cont .
(1) To aid repair, outline damaged area in a square, circle, or rectangle so that replacement plywood (5) and
insulation (4) can be easily measured and fitted into place.
(2) Using a hole saw, cut damaged area from insulated panel (8). Angle saw blade so that edges of cut are
beveled into the damaged area, as shown.
(3) Cut and remove damaged insulation (4) from insulated panel (8).
(4) If required, cut and remove damaged rib section (1) from insulated panel (8).
(5) Replace damaged rib section (1) with the same size and type of material (3/4 inch thick plywood). Cut rib
material to length and glue in place using glass cloth and resin (see instructions in repair kit).
(6) Cut and fit replacement insulation (4) into damaged area of panel (8).
(7) Cut replacement plywood (5) to fit into damaged area of panel (8). Angle saw blade so that plywood
edges are beveled to match repair area of panel.
(8) Glue replacement plywood (5) in place with three layers of glass cloth (6) and resin (see instructions in
repair kit). Repair surfaces must overlap undamaged glass cloth (7).
(9) Paint repaired areas. Refer to TM 9-213 and TM 43-0139.