4-35. DRAIN REPLACEMENT.
This task consists of:
Equipment Condition :
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 4, App B)
Refrigeration unit shutdown (TM 9-4110-252-14)
Adhesive (A/R) (Item 1, App D)
There are four drains in the container floor.
Removal of one drain is shown, the others are
(1) Open rear doors.
(2) Remove sealant and pull screen (1) from floor (4).
(3) Remove sealant from around tube (2) and push tube through floor (4).
(4) Cut and remove drain hose (3) from tube (2).
(5) Clean sealant and adhesive from tube (2).
(1) Apply adhesive to end of tube (2), then install drain hose (3) on tube.
(2) Push tube (2) up through bottom of floor (4).
(3) Position screen (1) on top of tube (2).
(3) Secure screen (1) to tube (2) and floor (4) by applying a bead of sealant around edge of screen.
(4) Apply bead of sealant between drain hose (3), tube (2) and floor (4) as shown.
(5) Close rear doors.