4-38. REFRIGERATION UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.
This task consists of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 4, App B)
Silastic Sealant (Item 10, App D)
Refrigeration unit shutdown (TM 9-4110-252-14)
Three (including forklift operator)
Cross Braces removed (para 3-37)
(1) Remove eight bolts (8), lockwasher (9), flatwashers (10) and top grill (11) from refrigeration unit (6).
(2) Disconnect refrigeration unit power cable (7) from power source.
(3) Open left and right access panels on refrigeration unit (6) (TM 9-4110-252-14).
(4) Wrap power cable (7) around cable reel located inside refrigeration unit (6) (TM 9-4110-252-14).
(5) Position tines of forklift under refrigeration unit (6).
To prevent injury to personnel and damage to
equipment, make sure refrigeration unit is secured
to forklift tines. Refrigeration unit is top heavy.
cause unit to tip forward when removed. Make sure
top of refrigeration unit is tied back and bottom of
unit is secured to forklift.
(6) Secure refrigeration unit (6) to tines of forklift.
(7) Remove four nuts (1), lockwashers (2) and flat washers (3) from studs (5).
(8) Carefully remove refrigeration unit (6) from container (4).