4-38. REFRIGERATION UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION - cont.
To prevent injury to personnel and damage to
equipment, make sure refrigeration unit is secured
to forklift tines. Refrigeration unit is top heavy.
cause unit to tip forward when removed. Make sure
top of refrigeration unit is tied back and bottom of
unit is secured to forklift. Unit may fall off forklift if
not properly secured.
(1) Aline refrigeration unit (6) with opening in container (4) and carefully install refrigeration unit on four studs
(2) Install four flat washers, (3), lockwashers (2) and nuts (1) on studs (5).
(3) Remove forklift from refrigeration unit (6).
(4) Install top grill (11), eight flatwashers (10), lockwashers (9), and bolts (8) on refrigeration unit (6).
(5) Unwrap power cable (7) from cable reel located inside refrigeration unit (TM 9-4110-252-14).
(6) Connect power cable to power source (TM 9-4110-252-14).
(7) Close right access panel on refrigeration unit (6) (TM 9-4110-252-14).
(8) Install cross braces (para 3-37).
(9) Start and operate generator set (TM 5-6115-585-12/34).
(10) Start and operate refrigeration unit. Check refrigeration unit operation and performance. (Refer to TM 9-