5-5. FRONT PANEL REPLACEMENT- cont.
(1) Apply sealant along container frame (1) front panel mounting surfaces.
Front panel is heavy/difficult to handle. Use two
personnel when installing paneI
(2) Using hoist and sling, lower replacement front panel (4) through opening in top of container frame (1).
(3) Position front panel (4) on container frame (1) and center panel in frame.
* Replacement front panel is supplied without holes
for mounting hardware. Panel must be drilled
* To hold front panel in position for drilling mounting
holes, drill panel and install one fastener in each
side of front panel before drilling remaining
(4) Using portable drill and 13/32 - inch drill bit, drill one hole through top, bottom, and sides of the front panel
(4). Use existing holes in container frame (1) as a template.
To prevent water leaks, container bolts must be
installed so that bolt head is on outside of container
Using torx bit and socket, install two container bolts (2) and nuts (3), one in each side of front panel (4).
Using container frame (1) as a template, drill remaining mounting holes through front panel (4).
Install seventy-four remaining container bolts (2) and nuts (3).
Cut and fit insulation (9) into gap between front panel (4) and floor panel (7).
Apply sealant around inside surface of screw holes on angle plate (6).
(10) Position angle plate (6) against front panel (4) and floor panel (7) as marked during removal.
(11) Install fifteen screws (5) through angle plate (6) and into floor panel (7).