INITIAL ADJUSTMENTS, CHECKS AND SELF TEST.
Refrigerated Container. No initial adjustment of the refrigerated container is required.
Refrigeration Unit. Perform initial adjustment instructions in accordance with TM 9-4110-258-13.
(1) Generator Set. Perform initial adjustment instructions in accordance with TM 5-6115-585-12/34.
(2) External Power Source. Perform initial adjustment instructions in accordance with the applicable power
source manual. (Refer to TM9-4110-258-13 for external power source requirements.)
(1) Verify that both rear doors are closed.
(2) Connect the Gen Set power cable to the refrigeration unit connector. Start and operate generator set
(refer to TM 5-6115-585-12/34). If external power is being used, verify that power cable is connected to
refrigeration unit (TM 9-4110-258-13).
(3) Start and operate refrigeration unit (refer to TM 9-4110-258-13).
Temperature inside the refrigerated container may take up to five hours to reach selected
(4) Check temperature indication on temperature recorder and refrigeration unit (TM 9-4110-258-13).
Allow refrigeration unit to operate until container interior reaches setpoint temperature (thermostat
Open Rear Doors.
Always open the right rear door first.
(1) On right door (1), rotate top handle lock (2) upward to clear door release handle (3).
(2) Rotate door release handle (3) until clear of bottom handle lock (4).
(3) Rotate door release handle (3) to left until lock cams (5 and 6) are clear of container frame keepers (7).
(4) Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 for other release handle (8).