(7) If external power is being used, shutdown power source (power source manual).
refrigeration unit external power cable from power source (TM 9-4110-258-13).
A loaded refrigerated container is extremely heavy. To prevent injury to personnel and
damage to equipment, use a hoist and sling. rated at a minimum capacity of 40 tons
Commercial container handling equipment (cranes, top-lift devices, front and side loaders
and self loading transporters) is suitable for handling the refrigerated container.
Always use spreader frame when top lifting container.
Do not lift container with cable slings at an angle.
Never use fork lift to move, lift or push container unless forklift is designed for use with
(1) Have refrigerated container loaded onto trailer/chassis, railway car, or ship as required.
(2) If container will be operated off external power, connect refrigeration unit power cable to power source.
(3) If container will be operated off generator set, start generator (TM 5-6115-585-12/34).
(4) Start refrigeration unit (TM 9-4110-258-13).
Section IV. OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS
OPERATION IN EXTREME COLD (BELOW 0F (-18C)).
In extremely cold weather, if the rear doors remain open for a long period of time, the door seals
become hard and brittle. The rear doors will be difficult to close and the seals will be damaged.
Warm seals before closing rear doors.
To warm the rear doors seals during extremely cold weather, proceed as follows:
(1) Start generator set (TM 5-6115-585-12/34) or external power source (power source manual).
(2) Start refrigeration unit and operate in heating mode (TM 9-4110-258-13).
(3) Close rear doors as much as possible without compressing door seals. Do not close door release