(1) Remove the fasteners (1) holding the damaged gasket (2) in place. Remove rivets by drilling out the
(2) Remove the gasket retaining strip (3). If undamaged, keep the retaining strip for installation.
(3) Remove the damaged gasket (2).
(4) Remove any old adhesive from the exposed door edge (4).
(5) Check the exposed door edge for corrosion. If necessary, clean the door edge with a grinding disc and
(6) Fit the replacement gasket into position.
Align the gasket (2) and retainer strip (3) with the door edge (4). The holes in the door edge
should be aligned with those in the retainer strip.
Using the hole in the retainer strip as a guide, drill through the replacement gasket.
(7) Remove the retainer strip (3) and replacement gasket (2).
(8) Apply sealant to the mating areas of the door (4).
(9) Fit the replacement gasket into position.
(10) Place the retainer strip (3) along the door edge, ensuring that the holes in the door edge (4) are aligned
with those in the gasket and the retainer strip.
(11) Secure the retainer strip (3) and gasket to the door (4) with rivets (1).
(12) Light leak and water test the gasket to ensure that there is no leakage.