(4) Check foam for moisture and damage. Repair as necessary.
(5) Clean all surfaces, including headers, if applicable, top side rails and remaining roof sheet edges.
(6) Prepare an aluminum patch of the same material specification and thickness as the original roof panel. The
section should be cut to overlap the top side rails by 1/2 inch (13 mm) on each side.
(7) Position the replacement sheet.
(a) Be sure that the pattern of forward roof sheet overlapping rearward roof sheet is maintained.
(b) Drill a sufficient number of rivet holes to temporarily secure the sheet.
(c) Use existing holes in top side rails and headers as guides if applicable.
(8) Clamp or clip the sheet in place. Drill the remaining holes around the perimeter of the sheet.
Holes should be drilled on 1 inch (25 mm) centers, 1/2 inch (13 mm) in from the edge. Do not drill through
(9) Remove the sheet. De-burr the drill holes and clean all mating surfaces.
(10) Apply barrier tape wherever steel and aluminum might come in contact.
(11) Apply double-sided adhesive tape or a continuous bead of adhesive over the entire length of each exposed
(12) Apply a continuous bead of sealant between the row of rivet holes and the edge of the sheet.
(13) Install sheet and apply even pressure to flatten and smooth the sheet and to expel surplus sealant around
(14) Rivet replacement sheet in place.
(15) Bend the overlapping 1/2 inch (13 mm) material down over each top side rail and header extension plate if
applicable, to form a watertight seal. Apply a bead of self-leveling sealant to the exterior line of rivets to
fully seal the repair.