The length of the fasteners is critical. Ensure that fasteners are of adequate length to fasten
(5) Complete the patch as described in paragraph 4-25b. Apply sealant between adjoining edges of patch
and original panels and over drive rivets, if used.
Replacement of a Full Panel.
(1) Remove all rivets which secure the damaged panel. Remove panel.
(2) Check foam insulation for moisture and damage. Repair minor foam damage as necessary. If foaming
is required, it should be completed after installation of the new panel.
(3) Mark lines on the container to show location of rivet holes from the top and bottom rails and adjoining
panel(s) or post frame.
(4) Prepare and position a replacement panel of same specification and thickness as the original panel.
Apply foam adhesive primer to the inside face of the panel. Be certain to maintain the original lap
(5) Insert the forward edge of the replacement panel under the adjoining panel and the top edge under the
(6) Position the trailing edge on top of the adjoining panel and the bottom edge over the bottom rail.
(7) Using the original rivet holes in the adjoining edge and top rail as a guide, drill holes in the replacement
panel. Use a stop on the drill to limit the depth of the holes to 3/4 inch (20 mm).