STACKING/LOADING M3 CROP ON PLS TRUCK (CONT).
(15) Turn handle (3) on all four twistlocks (2) (bottom CROP) until stacked CROP (top CROP) is
locked in place.
(16) Remove three web straps (4, 9, & 10) from lifting device (11) and tiedown rings (8).
(17) Install previously removed blockers (1) to the stowed positions.
(18) Repeat steps (2) through (16) for additional CROPs being stacked. Each CROP is locked in
place using twistlocks of the CROP below it.
(19) For the last CROP stacked (the top CROP), secure the end structure assembly by fastening
one end of a web strap to the first tiedown ring on one side of the CROP and the other end of
the web strap to the sixth tiedown ring on the other side of the CROP. Tighten the web strap.
(20) If stack of CROPs is to be inserted in an ISO container locally with no further transport by
PLS truck or trailer required, stow two web straps in CROP stowage boxes (5) located in
deck of CROP on top.
(21) If stack of CROPs is to be transported any way other than in an ISO container (PLS truck/
trailer, air, railcar, helicopter), remove sufficient web straps from the stowage boxes to secure
stack of CROPs. Use two web straps per stacked CROP, evenly spaced, fastened to the
tiedown rings of the bottom CROP and stretched across the top of the stack of CROPs. Use
two web straps for one CROP, four web straps for two CROPs, six straps for three CROPS,
eight web straps for four CROPs, and 10 web straps for the maximum of five CROPs stacked
on the sixth and bottom CROP.