Attach web strap (10) to tiedown ring at rear of CROP stacked on top.
Personnel are cautioned that failure to release all four twistlocks prior to lifting top CROP
could result in damage to equipment.
On CROP beneath CROP to be lifted, turn handle (3) on all four twistlocks (2) to
UNLOCK position. This releases the CROP directly above to be unstacked and lifted.
The M3 CROP weighs 3,800 lbs (1,724 kg) and the M3 CROP (S/N SC09001 and up)
weighs 3,730 lbs (1,692 kg). Ensure all personnel stand clear of CROP when CROP is be-
ing moved. Failure to comply may result in severe injury or death to personnel.
Position lifting device (11) directly over center of CROP to be lifted.
Ensure web straps are positioned in lifting clevis of lifting device. Failure to comply may
result in breakage of web straps causing severe injury or death to personnel.
(10) Attach two web straps (4 & 9) to lifting device (11).
(11) Slowly lift CROP, closely observing that CROP is disengaged from CROP beneath. With
the aid of an assistant using web strap (10) on rear tiedown ring, lift and guide CROP to
position on ground.
(12) Remove two web straps (4 & 9) from lifting device (11).
(13) Remove three web straps (4, 9, & 10) from tiedown rings.
(14) Replace blockers (1) to stowed position.
(15) Repeat Steps (2) and (4) through (14) for additional CROPs being removed from stack.
(16) Stow web straps in stowage boxes (5) of the CROP from which the straps were originally