2-17. LOADING/UNLOADING ISO CONTAINER WITH M3 CROP USING FORKLIFT
Ensure forklift tines are horizontal or pointed slightly downward to ensure they do not
contact crossmembers or the underside of the deck when the tines are being inserted
under the CROP or when the CROP is being lifted from the front. Prior to lifting,
ensure the tines are in full contact with the front beam and are not contacting cross-
members. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
Ensure forklift tines are positioned to the outside of the CROP main beams, between
the main beams and the multipurpose provisions. Do not attempt to lift front of CROP
with forklift tines on the inside of main beams. Failure to comply may result in dam-
age to equipment.
Engage front of CROP with forklift.
Obtain chain(s) from PLS truck(s) BII for use with the following steps.
Attach chain(s) (19) from two CROP front multipurpose provision rings (20) to forklift.
(10) Lift front of CROP 3-5 inches (8-13 cm), or as much as the load will allow up to 18 inches
(11) Drive forklift in reverse and pull CROP until rollers are approximately 10 inches (25 cm)
from door opening of ISO container.
(12) Lower CROP, resting the front of the CROP on the ground.
(13) Remove chains(s) (19) from CROP and forklift.
(14) Reposition forklift and lift CROP from side, using forklift pockets in CROP main beams.
(15) Using forklift lateral movement, remove CROP from ISO container.