A-frame assembly weighs 400 lbs (182 kg). Use two personnel for raising or lowering
A-frame to prevent serious injury or death to personnel.
Ensure that at least one crewmember holds the A-frame assembly in the upright posi-
tion until it is secured with at least one of the two front pins. Failure to comply may
result in severe injury to personnel.
A-frame will fold forward as well as backward onto the deck. DO NOT assume A-
frame will stay in upright position unless pins are installed.
Raising the A-frame requires two crewmembers.
(1) Remove the following items from the PLS truck stowage box (refer to TM 9-2320-364-10):
2-1/4" socket (8) and socket wrench (7).
(2) Remove the following items from CROP stowage box (1): Two front pins (2), lock washers
(3), flat washers (4), hex nuts (5), hitch pins (11), and web straps (6).
Ensure front pins and holes in A-frame assembly are clean and are free of dirt or other
(3) Using a suitable lifting device and web strap (6), raise A-frame assembly (9) to its upright
(4) With the aid of assistant holding A-frame assembly (9) to ensure holes are centered, install
two front pins (2) through A-frame assembly and front of M3Al CROP (10). Secure with
flat washers (4), lock washers (3) and hex nuts (5).
(5) While holding front pins (2), tighten hex nuts (5) with 2-1/4" socket (8) and socket wrench
(7). Tighten hex nuts only until first hole is exposed.
(6) Install hitch pins (11) in both front pins (2).
(7) Remove and return the following (tools) to the PLS truck stowage box:
2-1/4" socket (8)
Socket wrench (7)
(8) Return web strap (6) to CROP stowage box.