7-17. LOADING/UNLOADING ISO CONTAINER WITH M3A1 CROP
USING FORKLIFT (CONT).
(4) Using forklift (3), lift front of M3Al CROP (2) and push it into the ISO container (1) until the
rear bumpers (4) fully contact and seat against the inside front of the ISO container. CROP is
"seated" when container transport lock (7) can be installed into shoring slot (9) on both sides
of ISO container.
(5) If M3A1 CROPs (2) cannot be pushed into ISO container (1) far enough to engage ISO con-
tainer (1) rear wall because forklift (3) will not allow it to go far enough inside the ISO con-
tainer or the forklift otherwise contacts the container, lower the M3A1 CROPs and
reposition forklift approximately 12 inches (30 cm) aft. Insert a 4" x 4" or larger board (5)
between the M3A1 CROP and forklift, resting on the forklift tines, to provide sufficient
range for the forklift to push it into the ISO container until the rear bumpers (4) fully contact
the inside front of the ISO container.
(6) Using forklift lateral movement, ensure M3A1 CROP (2) is centered laterally in door frame
Steps (7) through (9) are performed on both container transport locks.
(7) Remove locking pin (6) from container transport lock (7).
Latch should be extended as far into shoring slot of ISO container as possible.
Adjust position of four shim plates behind or in front of latch, as necessary, to com-
pletely fill up shoring slot.
(8) Extend latch (8) into shoring slot (9) of ISO container (1).
(9) Install locking pin (6) thru shim plates (10) and latch (8) to secure latch in extended position.
(10) Locking pin (6) may be in position A, B or C, as indicated on instruction decal, depending
on depth of shoring slot in container. Shim plates (10) may be in front or rear of latch (8)
depending on internal length of container.
(11) Close and secure ISO container (1) doors.