tighten into insert.
c. Application of Potting Compound. Apply the
(3) Clean outside of insert with a lint-free cloth
adhesive compound observing the following.
soaked with methl ethyl ketone. Allow insert to dry.
(1) Using a clean tongue depressor, trowel the
adhesive compound into the insert hole.
(4) Place insert in hole and press down firmly.
(2) Exercise care during the troweling operation
(5) Remove adhesive residue left on the surface
by wiping hole area with lint-free cloth soaked with
to prevent trapping air pockets in the insert hole.
methl ethyl ketone.
(3) Use enough adhesive to ensure that the hole
is completely full after the insert is put in.
(6) Cover the hole area with tape, making sure
that the washer is held down firmly by the tape. A
d. Installation of Inserts. Use the same size and
diagram of a typical installation of an insert in a
type of insert as the one removed, observing the
(1) Tape over bottom of insert to prevent epoxy
(7) Cure at room temperature for 4 hours; after
one day, the tape can be removed and parts handled
from entering inside of insert.
and fasteners inserted.
(2) Turn screw and washer completely and