CONTAINER, SERVICE WARD, BODY ASSEMBLY
Section i. FOLDING PANEL ASSEMBLIES
ance with paragraph 2-20d. Remove closeouts (2, 61)
by running a knife or other sharp instrument be-
This section provides instructions for replacement of
tween closeout and paper honeycomb core.
those items considered as part of the folding panel
assemblies. They consist of four door panel assem-
(7) Remove door stop (43) by removing screws
(46). Remove kick plate (44) by removing rivets (45).
blies, folding end jack assemblies, folding side panels,
folding end panels, folding floor panels, and folding
(8) Remove rivnut (1) from door by drilling out
with drill bit of the same diameter as the rivnut.
(9) Remove and disassemble anti-backdraft
6-2. Door Panel Assemblies
valve by observing the following.
a. General. The door panel assemblies are a metal
(a) Remove screws (11) and remove housing
faced honeycomb core panel. They consist of a
assembly (8), gasket (9), and grill (7).
weather seal assembly on the door inner edge, a hinge
(b) Remove damper assembly (12) by removing
assembly, door stops, window assemblies with black-
cotter pin (24) from pin (21). Remove pin (21) and
out curtains, and an anti-backdraft valve located on
washers (21A) from hinges to allow damper assembly
(12) to be removed from housing assembly (8).
b. Removal. Remove the door assemblies according
(c) Remove counterweight (16) by removing
to sequence of index numbers assigned to figure 6-2
nut (17) and screw (16A) from counterweight support
and observing the following.
(d) Remove hinges (2;, 23) by removing rivet
(1) Remove the captive screws (70, fig. 6-2) on
the side panel side of the hinge (6) and the screws
(e) Remove counterweight support (13) by
securing the hinge to the edge of the side panels (69,
removing rivet (19).
(2) Remove doors (67, 68, fig. 6-2) from the side
(10) Remove door pull (74) from door panel as-
semblies (75, 76) by removing rivets (73).
c. Disassembly. Disassemble the door panel assem-
d. Overhaul. Overhaul the door panel assemblies as
required to return to a serviceable condition per para-
blies for replacement of damaged parts according to
sequence of index numbers assigned to figure 6-2 and
e. Assembly. Assemble the door panel assemblies
observing the following.
in reverse order by disassembly using figure 6-2 as a
(1) Remove washer (72) and retainer washer (71)
guide and observing the following.
from captive screw (70).
(2) Remove screw (40), rivets (41 ) which secure
(1) Install blind nuts and rivnuts using installa-
hings (6) to door panel assemblies. Remove blind nut
tion procedures recommended by the manufacturer.
(2) Replace rivets observing procedures outlined
(3) Remove hings pin (73), separate hinge halves
(75, 76), and torsion springs (74).
(3) During assembly of door window assemblies,
place a bead of PRC 611 sealant, Product Research
(4) Remove screw (48) to remove upper bar re-
tainer (50) from panel.
Co., Burbank, California, or equivalent, around edge
of outer window (39, fig. 6-2). Paint interior surface
(5) Remove screws from lock assembly plate and
remove lock assembly from door. Disassemble door
of spacer (38) with one coat of TT-E-527, Color 3407
lock assembly according to sequence of index num-
per Federal Standard 595.
bers assigned to Detail A and observing the following.
(4) Assemble closeouts (40, 66, 67, 71, 72) on
door panel assemblies using procedures outlined in
(a) Remove screws (26) and remove handle bar
(29). Remove nut (25), washer (26), and screw (27);
remove locking bar (23), handle bail (39), keeper
f. Installation. Install the door assemblies in re-
verse order of removal procedure observing the fol-
(b) Remove screw (36) and remove idler block
(1) Position the doors and secure the hinges to the
(c) Remove cotterpin (38) to remove interior
side panels with the captive screws (1, fig. 6-2). Ad-
handle bar (39), and handle bail.
just doors to assure that no binding or rubbing is
(6) Remove rivet (25), window frame (56), spacer
(2) Replace the grounding straps at the upper left
(62) and window (60). Remove blackout curtain pile
tape (5) by peeling from window frame (56) in accord-
and right hand corners.