This task covers:
c. Follow-on Maintenance
Tools and Special Tools
Material and Parts
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
This procedure shows replacement of one load restraint plate. Replacement is the
same for all three load restraint plates.
To prevent rotation, hinge pins (4) are tack-welded to hinge lugs (8). Before removal,
tack-weld must be broken.
(1) Remove pin (1) from hinge of load restraint plate (2).
(2) Remove two cotter pins (3), hinge pin (4) and load restraint plate (2) from deck (5). Discard
(1) Install load restraint plate (2) to deck (5) with hinge pin (4) and two cotter pins (3).
(2) Install pin (1) to hinge of load restraint plate (2).
(3) Install cable (6) thru load restraint plate (2) and mounting ring (7). Install seizing bands.
Follow-on Maintenance. None.