14-31. INSULATED PANEL REPAIR.
This task consists of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 4, App B)
Equipment Condition :
Refrigeration unit shutdown (TM 9-4110-252-14)
Repair of one insulated panel is shown. Repair of other insulated panels is similar.
(1) Wash damaged area of insulated panel (8) with detergent and clean water.
(2) Rinse insulated panel (8) with clean water and allow panel to air dry.
(3) Remove pieces of loose glass cloth (6), interior plywood (3)/exterior plywood (2), and insulation (4) from
damaged area of insulated panel (8).
(1) Inspect interior and exterior surface of insulated panel (8) to determine extent of damage.
(2) Inspect glass cloth (6), interior plywood (3), and exterior plywood (2) for damage.
Surface scrapes and cuts (that do not puncture plywood).
Repair damaged gelcoat and glass cloth in accordance with the instructions supplied with the repair kit.
Punctures and ruptures.
The following instructions apply to panel damage that goes through the
Inner and outer plywood panels are repaired the same. Outer plywood is
thicker than inner plywood.