5-3. ROOF PANEL REPLACEMENT - cont.
(1) Peel backing from sealant tape (13), then apply tape along container frame (3) and roof panel (1) sealing
Roof panel is heavy/difficult to handle. Use two
personnel when installing roof panel.
(2) Using hoist and sling, position replacement roof panel (1) on container frame (3).
(3) Center roof panel (1) on container frame (3).
Replacement roof panel is supplied without holes
for mounting hardware. Panel must be drilled
To aid alinement of roof panel mounting holes
with container frame, install one fastener in each
side of roof panel before drilling remaining mounting
(4) Using portable drill and 13/32 - inch drill bit, drill one hole up through each side of the roof panel (1). Use
existing holes in container frame (3) as a template.
To prevent water leaks, container bolts must be
installed so that bolt head is on outside of container.
(5) Using torx bit and socket, install four container bolts (14) and nuts (15), one in each side.
(6) Using container frame (3) as a template, drill remaining mounting holes up through roof panel (1).
(7) Install 134 container bolts (14) and nuts (15).
(8) Install filler rope (12) along all four sides of roof panel (1). Make sure rope is pushed in tight against panel
(9) Apply sealant over filler rope (12) so that gap between roof panel (1) edge and top surface of container frame
(3) is filled flush.
(10) Cut and fit insulation (2) into gaps between side panels (4) and roof panel (1), and front panel (8).
(11) Apply sealant around inside surface of rivet holes and screw holes on six angle plates (6, 7, 9, 10, 11, and