5-4. SIDE PANEL REPLACEMENT - cont.
(1) Apply sealant along container frame ( ) and side panel (3) mating surfaces.
Side panel is heavy/difficult to handle. Use two personnel when installing panel
(2) Using hoist and sling, lower replacement side panel (3) through opening in top of container frame (1).
(3) Position side panel (3) on container frame (1).
Replacement side panel is supplied without holes
for mounting hardware. Panel must be drilled
To hold side panel in position for drilling mounting
holes, drill panel and install one fastener in each
side of side panel before drilling remaining mounting
(4) Using portable drill and 13/32 - inch drill bit, drill one hole through top, bottom and sides of the side panel (3).
Use existing holes in container frame as a template.
To prevent water leaks, container bolts must be
installed so that bolt head is on outside of container.
(5) Using torx bit and socket, install four container bolts (4) and nuts (2), one in each side of side panel (3).
(6) Using container frame (1) as a template, drill remaining mounting through side panel (3).
(7) Install remaining container bolts (4) and nuts (2).
(8) Cut and fit insulation (5) into gaps between side panel (3), floor panel (6), and front panel (12).
(9) Peel backing from sealant tape (7), then apply tape along floor panel (6) where angle plates (9 and 10) fasten
(10) Apply sealant around inside surface of screw and rivet holes on four angle plates (9, 10, 11, and 13).